Other Press Releases
- 11/2013-Condé Nast Traveler 2013 Awards
- 09/2013-New Corporate Meetings Offer
- 04/2013-New Spring Meeting Special
- 02/2013 - Condé Nast Traveler Magazine's 2013 Gold List
- 02/2013 - T+L 500 Best Hotels in the World 2013
- 12/2012 - Put Your Best Group Meeting Forward
- 10/2012 - 2012 Condé Nast Traveler Award
- 08/2012 - 2012 Holiday Parties at The Vintage Estate
- 08/2012 - Spa Villagio - New Treatments For Fall 2012
- 06/2012-TripAdvisor's 2012 Certificate of Excellence
- 05/2012 - The Vintage Estate - Finding a Summer Meeting Location Just Got Easier
- 03/2012 - Put Your Best Meeting Forward in the Heart of Napa Valley
- 03/2012 - The Vintage Estate Debuts Five New Destination Videos
- 09/2011 - Spa Villagio Turns Over A New Leaf Just In Time For The Harvest
- 01/2010 - Villagio Inn & Spa Fact Sheet
- 01/2010 - Spa Villagio Fact Sheet
- 07/2011 Villagio Inn & Spa Named To Travel+Leisure Magazine's "World's Best Awards 2011 Readers Survey"
- 05/2011 - Four New Seasonal Treatments Ready Spa Goers For Summertime at Spa Villagio
- 2/2011 - Villagio Inn & Spa Named to Travel+Leisure Magazine's Top 500 in the World
- 2/2011 - Vintage Estate Launches New Websites
- 7/26/10 - Villagio Named to Travel+Leisure's Top 50 Resorts in US/Canada
- 10/26/10 - Yountville's Moveable Feast
- 11/15/10 - Yountville WinterScape Hotel Packages
- 10/2010 - Spa Villagio To Debut Scrub Bar In Fall, 2010
- 01/2010 - Villagio Inn & Spa Opens Its Doors To A New Era With The Ultra Luxury Spa Villagio
- 01/2010 - Spa Director - Leslie Wolski Bio
- 01/2010 - Yountville Backgrounder
- 06/2009 - Chef Michael Chiarello Receives Rave Reviews at New Bottega
- 01/2010 - Villagio Inn & Spa Blends A Taste Of Tuscany And Ancient Rome Amid The Pastoral Vineyards Of Napa Valley
- 01/2010 - Executive Chef - Kevin Miller Bio
- 11/01/10 - Yountville’s New “Winterscape” Celebration Salutes The Season
Site: Villagio Inn & Spa
Title: 11/01/10 - Yountville’s New “Winterscape” Celebration Salutes The Season
Contact: Koleen Hamblin/KOLI Comm.
Cindy Saucerman/Yountville Chamber
December 1 – January 2, 2011
High Resolution Visuals Available
HOLIDAY HOT SPOT: YOUNTVILLE'S NEW "WINTERSCAPE" CELEBRATION SALUTES THE SEASON
- Month-Long Winter Wonderland Features New Ice Skating Rink, Carriage Rides, Holiday Art & Performance, Wine, Dine and Hotel Packages -
YOUNTVILLE – NAPA VALLEY, CA. — Deck the halls and let's get jolly at Yountville's first annual "WinterScape" celebration, a month-long fete set for December 1 through January 2, 2011. With a backdrop of sparkling vines, six Michelin stars and enough cult cabernet to keep a sky full of reindeer lit, the town of four-square miles taps into the simple pleasures of the season with a line-up of new attractions, tours and hotel deals. This magical time among the vines hits a high note with the opening of a seasonal ice skating arena, horse-drawn carriage rides, Dreams of Toyland exhibition, Yountville AVA wine and food tastings, vineyard bike tours and extended wine tasting hours. Info: www.yountville.com.
The 2010 season kicks off with a procession of thousands of twinkling lights transcending the town into a West Coast winter wonderland with carriage rides along Washington Street while galleries, boutiques, wineries and restaurants open their doors for late night shopping and dining. A magnet for visitors seeking the real deal, the town's charming European ambiance mixed with a classic California wine country beat is a perfect ticket for urbanites seeking an escape from the hectic shopping season.
Pack the sleigh for a getaway that's both adventurous and affordable. Bike the vineyards, skate with a date or trek the town's new array of public art - 13 installations in all - then bed down at a variety of hotel properties offering savings up to 20 percent. For families, the town's tight-knit layout is a great safety net for teens. Couples can cash in on a variety of romantic romps from duet spa treatments to intimate repasts for two.
HOLIDAY HOT LIST
Vintage Winter Pavilion – Spin into the season skating under the stars in a clear-top tent infused with holiday music, festive trees and elaborate décor at V Marketplace. This new attraction is certain to spark holiday cheer with a lively sidekick of food and drink venues. After 6 p.m., the Hot Toddy & Holiday Cocktail menu debuts. 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. daily, December 11 – January 2nd. $12/adults; $8/children 8 & under. Yountville Chamber/707.944.8008.
Carriage Rides – Saddle up this season with a team of stout Percheron and Shire horses leading a holiday-decorated carriage through Yountville's main artery – Washington Street – on weekends throughout December. (Nov. 27; Dec 4, 11, 18, 31). Complimentary.
North Pole "Drink & Clink" – Weekends around the rink will include select Yountville AVA wine tasting (Fri./Sat.) showcasing the area's top producers and a Santa sommelier to keep the cheer flowing. A seasonal grazing menu will showcase heady roasted chestnuts, dim sum and pulled pork sliders – a perfect complement to the region's cabernets.
WinterScape Hotel Packages – From Villagio Inn & Spa to the newly-minted LEED platinum Bardessono, deals for December are stocked with goodies including skating passes, prix-fixe dinners and a savings of up to 20 percent across the board.
Dreams of Toyland Exhibition – Inspiring the wonders of childhood past, renowned collector Dolph Gotelli brings The Napa Valley Museum alive with a magical holiday exhibition of Old World toys, games, decorations and Victorian ornaments. Dreams of Toyland features a series of vignettes certain to inspire and transport. Nov. 20, 2010 – January 23, 2011. $10/adults; member/children free. 707.944.0500.
WinterScape Wine Tasting – With 10+ wine tasting venues along Washington Street, a taste of Yountville AVA is as easy as linking holiday lights. Many wineries are offering VIP tastings and specials during December. The new Somerston wine tasting room's "WinterScape" deal includes complimentary tastings and food pairings for up to four people and 15 percent off all wine and merchandise. Special wine deals are also on tap at Goosecross Cellars and Girard Winery, to name a few.
Biking in a Vineyard Wonderland – Kick-start the morning with a guided bike tour to four boutique wineries and a tasty catered picnic lunch via Napa Valley Bike Tours. Ride depart at 9:30 a.m., and are set at a casual pace of three- to five-miles between wineries on a verdant stretch of vine-swept country road. $125/person (normally $139; tasting fees not included), 707.944.2953, book "WinterScape package."
Lincoln Theatre Holiday Performance – Cap off a day of play with a performance at the Lincoln Theater, home to the Napa Valley Symphony and a world-class venue seating 1,200. This season's line-up includes the Oak Ridge Boys Christmas Show (December 8) and the 10th anniversary of Napa Regional Dance Company's Nutcracker. (December 18 & 19). 707.944.9900.
Site of Napa Valley's first planted vines (1838), Yountville sits at the epicenter of the region's culinary scene sporting the Valley's top-ranked restaurants (six Michelin stars), 24+ wineries and/or producers and 11 lodging properties. An ideal base for the avid oenophile, Yountville offers the county's only hot air ballooning launch, five National Register of Historic Places sites, a microclimate pedigree with its own AVA, world-class shopping and performing arts. Located 55 mi./88 km. north of San Francisco, travelers can arrive via scenic Highway 29 or via Napa County Airport, Sacramento (SMF), Oakland (OAK) or San Francisco (SFO) international airports. For more information and travel inquiries, contact the Yountville Chamber of Commerce at 707.944.0904 or www.yountville.com.
# # #