Other Press Releases
- 04/2013-New Spring Meeting Special
- 02/2013 - Condé Nast Traveler Magazine's 2013 Gold List
- 02/2013 - T+L 500 Best Hotels in the World 2013
- 12/2012 - Put Your Best Group Meeting Forward
- 10/2012 - 2012 Condé Nast Traveler Award
- 08/2012 - 2012 Holiday Parties at The Vintage Estate
- 08/2012 - Spa Villagio - New Treatments For Fall 2012
- 06/2012-TripAdvisor's 2012 Certificate of Excellence
- 05/2012 - The Vintage Estate - Finding a Summer Meeting Location Just Got Easier
- 03/2012 - Put Your Best Meeting Forward in the Heart of Napa Valley
- 03/2012 - The Vintage Estate Debuts Five New Destination Videos
- 09/2011 - Spa Villagio Turns Over A New Leaf Just In Time For The Harvest
- 01/2010 - Villagio Inn & Spa Fact Sheet
- 01/2010 - Spa Villagio Fact Sheet
- 07/2011 Villagio Inn & Spa Named To Travel+Leisure Magazine's "World's Best Awards 2011 Readers Survey"
- 05/2011 - Four New Seasonal Treatments Ready Spa Goers For Summertime at Spa Villagio
- 2/2011 - Villagio Inn & Spa Named to Travel+Leisure Magazine's Top 500 in the World
- 2/2011 - Vintage Estate Launches New Websites
- 7/26/10 - Villagio Named to Travel+Leisure's Top 50 Resorts in US/Canada
- 10/26/10 - Yountville's Moveable Feast
- 11/15/10 - Yountville WinterScape Hotel Packages
- 10/2010 - Spa Villagio To Debut Scrub Bar In Fall, 2010
- 01/2010 - Villagio Inn & Spa Opens Its Doors To A New Era With The Ultra Luxury Spa Villagio
- 01/2010 - Spa Director - Leslie Wolski Bio
- 01/2010 - Yountville Backgrounder
- 06/2009 - Chef Michael Chiarello Receives Rave Reviews at New Bottega
- 01/2010 - Villagio Inn & Spa Blends A Taste Of Tuscany And Ancient Rome Amid The Pastoral Vineyards Of Napa Valley
- 01/2010 - Executive Chef - Kevin Miller Bio
- 11/01/10 - Yountville’s New “Winterscape” Celebration Salutes The Season
Site: Villagio Inn & Spa
Title: 01/2010 - Yountville Backgrounder
SUSAN BEJECKIAN PUBLIC RELATIONS
626-570-1051; Fax: 626-284-2133
Founded: 1831, by George Calvert Yount
Yount planted Napa Valley's first grapevines in Yountville. Hence, the town is known as the "birthplace of Napa Valley's wine industry."
Population: 3,506 (Town - 2,306; CA Veterans Home - 1,200)
Elevation: 110 feet above sea level
Location: 45 miles north of San Francisco
Size: 1.56 square miles (998 acres)
Incorporated: As a general law city, February 4, 1965
Features: Excellent quality of life, featuring rural charm and residential character. Frequently referred to as "Napa Valley's newest mecca of food and wine"; reflective of the world-renown chefs and their eateries that have gravitated to this mile-long walking town.
Similar to the Mediterranean area, the Valley offers a year-round moderate climate with average daytime temperatures in the summer of 80 to 90 degrees (F), generally cooling off in the evening. During the winter months temperatures average between 40 to 60 degrees (F) - perfect jacket weather.
Domaine Chandon was the first French-California partnership for noted sparkling wine producer Moet Chandon.
The town is home to such acclaimed restaurants as Thomas Keller's The French Laundry, Bouchon, and Ad Hoc, the Etoile at Domaine Chandon, Napa Valley Grille, Bistro Jeanty, Redd, and Hurley’s, among others.
V Market Place, the original winery, distillery and wine cellar founded by Gottlieb Groezinger in 1870, is now the charming brick complex of upscale specialty shops, galleries and restaurants.
The four commercial plazas in Yountville are V Market Place, Washington Square, Beard Plaza and Whistlestop Center.
Internationally renowned wineries abound, including S. Anderson Vineyards, Domaine Chandon, Goosecross Cellars, Hill Family Estates, Mumm Napa Valley, Noah Vineyards, Jessup Cellars, Cosentino Winery, many nestled in or near the Stags Leap Appellation.
Blend romance and adventure with a hot air balloon ride furnished by one of several companies based in Yountville, including Adventures Aloft and Napa Valley Balloons.
Fine art and antique galleries join a splendid array of specialty shops town-wide.