Other Press Releases
- 11/2013-Condé Nast Traveler 2013 Awards
- 09/2013-New Corporate Meetings Offer
- 04/2013-New Spring Meeting Special
- 02/2013 - Condé Nast Traveler Magazine's 2013 Gold List
- 02/2013 - T+L 500 Best Hotels in the World 2013
- 12/2012 - Put Your Best Group Meeting Forward
- 10/2012 - 2012 Condé Nast Traveler Award
- 08/2012 - 2012 Holiday Parties at The Vintage Estate
- 08/2012 - Spa Villagio - New Treatments For Fall 2012
- 06/2012-TripAdvisor's 2012 Certificate of Excellence
- 05/2012 - The Vintage Estate - Finding a Summer Meeting Location Just Got Easier
- 03/2012 - Put Your Best Meeting Forward in the Heart of Napa Valley
- 03/2012 - The Vintage Estate Debuts Five New Destination Videos
- 09/2011 - Spa Villagio Turns Over A New Leaf Just In Time For The Harvest
- 01/2010 - Villagio Inn & Spa Fact Sheet
- 01/2010 - Spa Villagio Fact Sheet
- 07/2011 Villagio Inn & Spa Named To Travel+Leisure Magazine's "World's Best Awards 2011 Readers Survey"
- 05/2011 - Four New Seasonal Treatments Ready Spa Goers For Summertime at Spa Villagio
- 2/2011 - Villagio Inn & Spa Named to Travel+Leisure Magazine's Top 500 in the World
- 2/2011 - Vintage Estate Launches New Websites
- 7/26/10 - Villagio Named to Travel+Leisure's Top 50 Resorts in US/Canada
- 10/26/10 - Yountville's Moveable Feast
- 11/15/10 - Yountville WinterScape Hotel Packages
- 10/2010 - Spa Villagio To Debut Scrub Bar In Fall, 2010
- 01/2010 - Villagio Inn & Spa Opens Its Doors To A New Era With The Ultra Luxury Spa Villagio
- 01/2010 - Spa Director - Leslie Wolski Bio
- 01/2010 - Yountville Backgrounder
- 06/2009 - Chef Michael Chiarello Receives Rave Reviews at New Bottega
- 01/2010 - Villagio Inn & Spa Blends A Taste Of Tuscany And Ancient Rome Amid The Pastoral Vineyards Of Napa Valley
- 01/2010 - Executive Chef - Kevin Miller Bio
- 11/01/10 - Yountville’s New “Winterscape” Celebration Salutes The Season
Site: Villagio Inn & Spa
Title: 06/2009 - Chef Michael Chiarello Receives Rave Reviews at New Bottega
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media Contact: Melissa Welles firstname.lastname@example.org
p. 415.460.6565, c. 415.517.1332
CHEF MICHAEL CHIARELLO RECEIVES RAVE REVIEWS AT NEW BOTTEGA New Napa Valley Restaurant Impressing Locals and Visitors Alike With Fresh, Seasonal Menu In A Beautiful Setting
Yountville, CA (Spring '09)— Chef Michael Chiarello's newly opened restaurant Bottega has already been enthusiastically received with admiring reviews from local and Napa Valley visitors. Michael Bauer of the San Francisco Chronicle gives Bottega three stars and says: "Every dish on the extensive menu is thoughtfully executed and seems to come from a deep passion for the cuisine." Santa Rosa Press Democrat's Jeff Cox gives Bottega 3.5 stars: "Clap your hands. There's a party goin' on at Bottega in Yountville. E molto divertente (lots of fun). Good wine, happy customers. And most of all, Michael Chiarello's excellent Italian food."
With the opening of Bottega Chiarello comes full circle to his roots of creating fresh, seasonally based, flavorful Italian cuisine celebrating the bounty of Napa Valley, for which he became known at Tra Vigne restaurant. “The menu and restaurant we have created at Bottega definitely reflects who I am now as a chef,” says Chiarello. “With the big, bold Italian flavors I love, Bottega represents a more refined cooking style that I’ve developed over the last ten years.” Chiarello’s culinary team includes Chef de Cuisine Nick Ritchie, a talented young chef who has worked with Chiarello for years.
Chiarello's menu for Bottega draws inspiration from his families' roots in the Calabrese region of Italy combined with his deep culinary path. An example of Chiarello’s signature dishes includes Warm Pecorino Budino and Oven Roasted Rapini with Garlic, Chili and Lemon ($12); Wood Grilled Octopus with Olive Oil Potatoes, Pickled Red Onions and Salsa Verde ($14); Polenta Under Glass with Caramelized Wild Mushrooms, Balsamic Game Sauce ($12). House made pastas include Wild Nettles, Swiss Chard & Ricotta Tortelli with Sage Brown Butter & Pine‐nut Gremolata ($15); Whole Egg Taglierini with Manila Clams, Calabrese Sausage, Garlic and White Wine ($16). Entrees feature Grilled Swordfish alla Barcaiola with Ancient Grain Polenta and Celery & Herb Insalatina ($25); Goat's Milk Braised Lamb Osso Bucco with Garlic, Fennel, Sweet Onions and Carrot Caponata ($26). Continuing to evolve what he started as a young chef, Chiarello makes gray salt‐cured Berkshire pork prosciutto, and offers a variety of cured meats from his Salumeria.
More than half of Bottega’s wine list features local, small‐production vintages from California complemented with a solid collection of Italian wines. Many selections on Chiarello’s wine list are quite reasonably priced, encouraging patrons to explore the many bounties of the region, with offerings by the quartino (1 1/2 glasses) as well as sparkling Prosecco by the glass.
Bottega's interior and exterior are designed by Chiarello's wife, Eileen Gordon, architect Michael Guthrie and graphic designer Michael Mabry. Taking inspiration from Bottega’s menu, they collaborated to create an old‐world European setting with comfortable yet sophisticated elements balancing the rustic and the refined. In restoring the 140‐year‐old historic building, originally one of the oldest wineries in Napa Valley, the team worked to re‐establish the site's integrity by uncovering beautiful hard wood floors and timber beams, exposing old brick walls, arched doorways and windows dating back to the 1800’s. Local stone was used to create the restaurant’s two outdoor fireplaces, emphasizing Bottega's timeless feel. Warm fabrics in olive greens, chocolate browns and deep reds establish a soft palette. Distressed leathers in butter, ginger and mushroom gray hues are accented by cool Venetian plaster walls using the ancient craft of layering marble dust to create a lustrous patina. Weathered brick walls were washed with Gesso, softening the hues. Imported Murano glass chandeliers and Donghia fabric reinforce the restaurant’s sophisticated Italian roots. The restaurant’s five communal tables, perfect for larger groups or livelier dining by small groups, are fashioned out of forty‐year‐old barn timber, Calcutta D’Oro marble and recycled concrete. An assortment of local artisan's creations helps the restaurant come to life with the walls, metalwork, floors, and custom furnishings.
General Manager Joël Hoachuck and Wine Director Michael Iglesias oversees Bottega’s dining rooms, which are comprised of three intimate seating areas with one of the only open kitchens in the Valley and an exposed wood‐burning oven, a classic copper bar, and an outdoor lounge. The two indoor dining rooms seat 90 collectively, plus there is a bar, private dining/wine room, and an outside covered Terrazzo with two wood‐burning fireplaces including both lounge and table seating. The lounge and full bar create comfortable gathering places for a glass of wine and enoteca fare.
Chef Chiarello's culinary career began when he was a child growing up in the heart of California's Central Valley were he dreamed of becoming a world‐class chef. Following his graduation from the CIA, Chiarello opened a highly successful restaurant in Florida. In 1986, he joined Tra Vigne in St. Helena, CA as Executive Chef where he continued to gain fame for over 15 years. He has received three Emmy Awards for his Food Network television show "Easy Entertaining", produced and stared in two additional shows, "NapaStyle" and "Michael Chiarello's Napa"; published five cookbooks and received an IACP Award; with his wife, Eileen Gordon, launched NapaStyle with six retail locations throughout California including a vibrant catalogue and website. Chiarello is also the proprietor of a small winery, Chiarello Family Vineyards, where he sustainably produces highly rated small production estate grown Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Petite Sirah. Recently Chiarello competed on Bravo's "Top Chef Masters” TV program which begins airing this spring on June 10, 2009.
Bottega is located in the Vintage Estate’s property, 6525 Washington Street, Yountville, CA. Serving lunch and dinner seven days a week excluding Monday lunch. Bottega is open from Tues. ‐ Sun. 11:30 ‐ 2:30 for lunch; Mon. ‐ Thurs. 5:30 pm until 9:30 pm for dinner; Fri. ‐ Sat. 5:30 ‐ 10:00 dinner; Sun. 5:00 ‐ 9:30 for dinner. Outdoor lounge service is available later in the evening, weather permitting. For reservations call 707.945.1050. For more information, please visit www.botteganapavalley.com.