Other Press Releases
- 10/2014 - 2014 Condé Nast Traveler Awards
- 10/2014 - New Fitness Center
- 9/2014 - Unforgettable Events
- 11/2013-Condé Nast Traveler 2013 Awards
- 09/2013-New Corporate Meetings Offer
- 04/2013-New Spring Meeting Special
- 02/2013 - Condé Nast Traveler Magazine's 2013 Gold List
- 02/2013 - T+L 500 Best Hotels in the World 2013
- 12/2012 - Put Your Best Group Meeting Forward
- 10/2012 - 2012 Condé Nast Traveler Award
- 08/2012 - 2012 Holiday Parties at The Vintage Estate
- 08/2012 - Spa Villagio - New Treatments For Fall 2012
- 06/2012-TripAdvisor's 2012 Certificate of Excellence
- 05/2012 - The Vintage Estate - Finding a Summer Meeting Location Just Got Easier
- 03/2012 - Put Your Best Meeting Forward in the Heart of Napa Valley
- 03/2012 - The Vintage Estate Debuts Five New Destination Videos
- 09/2011 - Spa Villagio Turns Over A New Leaf Just In Time For The Harvest
- 01/2010 - Villagio Inn & Spa Fact Sheet
- 01/2010 - Spa Villagio Fact Sheet
- 07/2011 Villagio Inn & Spa Named To Travel+Leisure Magazine's "World's Best Awards 2011 Readers Survey"
- 05/2011 - Four New Seasonal Treatments Ready Spa Goers For Summertime at Spa Villagio
- 2/2011 - Villagio Inn & Spa Named to Travel+Leisure Magazine's Top 500 in the World
- 2/2011 - Vintage Estate Launches New Websites
- 7/26/10 - Villagio Named to Travel+Leisure's Top 50 Resorts in US/Canada
- 10/26/10 - Yountville's Moveable Feast
- 11/15/10 - Yountville WinterScape Hotel Packages
- 10/2010 - Spa Villagio To Debut Scrub Bar In Fall, 2010
- 01/2010 - Villagio Inn & Spa Opens Its Doors To A New Era With The Ultra Luxury Spa Villagio
- 01/2010 - Spa Director - Leslie Wolski Bio
- 01/2010 - Yountville Backgrounder
- 06/2009 - Chef Michael Chiarello Receives Rave Reviews at New Bottega
- 01/2010 - Villagio Inn & Spa Blends A Taste Of Tuscany And Ancient Rome Amid The Pastoral Vineyards Of Napa Valley
- 01/2010 - Executive Chef - Kevin Miller Bio
- 11/01/10 - Yountville’s New “Winterscape” Celebration Salutes The Season
Site: Villagio Inn & Spa
Title: 01/2010 - Villagio Inn & Spa Blends A Taste Of Tuscany And Ancient Rome Amid The Pastoral Vineyards Of Napa Valley
SUSAN BEJECKIAN PUBLIC RELATIONS
626-570-1051; Fax: 626-284-2133
VILLAGIO INN & SPA BLENDS
A TASTE OF TUSCANY AND ANCIENT ROME
AMID THE PASTORAL VINEYARDS OF NAPA VALLEY
YOUNTVILLE, Calif. – Nestled on a quaint main street in Yountville, California in the heart of the Napa Valley in Northern California's premier wine-producing region, the award-winning 112-room Villagio Inn & Spa is a stylish retreat with the visionary design of a village in Tuscany.
Founded in 1855 By George C. Yount, Yountville, originally named Sebastopol, was given its present name in Yount's honor in 1866. In the last two decades, Yountville has produced a large percentage of noted Napa Valley wines and has become the epicenter for some of the finest restaurants in the country.
Fondly referred to as "a Sybarite's heaven," by Town & Country magazine and "terribly tasteful, terribly elegant," by The San Francisco Examiner, Villagio has beautifully landscaped Italian-style gardens and cobblestone courtyards, accented by a flowing waterway, fountains, frescoes and a replica of a Roman ruin.
Villagio's luxurious guestrooms, including 26 mini-suites, meander through a complex of two-story Tuscan-style edifices linking to pathways surrounded by flowers and olive trees. Guestrooms are exquisitely-appointed with lavish fabrics in hues of creams, beiges and gold. Guests lounge on down comforters and burrow themselves into plush robes while relaxing in front of a fire on chilly nights. Each room at Villagio has a wood-burning fireplace and bathrooms with double sinks and oversized sunken bathtubs. As part of their stay, guests receive a complimentary bottle of premium wine from the region, a lavish champagne breakfast buffet and an afternoon tea service.
Villagio Inn & Spa Overview -2-
AN ENTICING EXECUTIVE RETREAT
The indoor and outdoor function space at the Inn makes for an ideal spot for corporate groups, executive board meetings and company retreats. A choice of more than 26,000 square-feet of flexible pre-function and function space with eight well-equipped venues features the latest audio visual technology. Breakout meetings take place under the shade of olive trees and is not unusual to hold a session in the vineyards.
The Inn's conference services department assures seamless meetings from start to finish. The hotel's culinary team customizes menus for groups and individual guests with real finesse. Attendees can enjoy coffee breaks with heart healthy snacks and gourmet-to-go picnic lunches to elegant cocktail receptions and all-out elaborate winemaker dinners from the Inn's culinary and catering team pairing premium varietals of the region..
NAPA VALLEY'S EPICUREAN HUB
Villagio's daily complimentary champagne breakfast buffet is renowned for its sumptuousness and variety, with something for every taste. Savor smoked salmon with traditional garniture, assorted charcuterie and cheeses, scrambled eggs, the chef's signature egg salad topped and a delicious assortment of homemade breads including blueberry muffins, croissants and bagels.
The Inn also offers guests 24-hour room service catered by the acclaimed culinary and catering team, that blends California and Mediterranean cuisines. New to room service is a Tuscan Carpet Picnic, a delectable fireside wine country dinner for two served in the privacy of the Inn's elegant guestroom. After a grand day of wine tasting and touring, guests indulge the senses with a romantic fireside meal accompanied by Italian music, dimly-lit candles, plush throw pillows and a red tapestry throw carpet. The feast, paired to premium wine from the region and chilled champagne, is served on an elegant Florentine hearth table. For dessert, the splendid meal is completed with a choice of four decadent sweet finishes.
Villagio Inn & Spa Overview -3-
Yountville itself showcases top-rated fine dining restaurants, including the world-famous The French Laundry, Bouchon, Redd Napa Valley, Bistro Jeanty and Hurley's Restaurant & Bar, an eatery cherished by locals.
Chef Michael Chiarello, founding chef of Tra Vigne Restaurant, is the Emmy-winning tastemaker behind NapaStyle, Chiarello Family Vineyards and the new restaurant Bottega Ristoriante in V Marketplace.
Guests at the Inn could conceivably spend a week dining out each night at a different restaurant—all within walking distance to the hotel.
Nearby St. Helena's excellent restaurants include Go Fish. Nine miles to the south, Napa restaurants range from Asian-flavored Celadon to the wildly popular Coles' Chop House.
THE GREAT OUTDOORS
Just as Villagio guests are showered with an infinite choice of restaurants with fine dining, they are also provided with an abundance of recreational options. A popular regional sport is hot air ballooning. Visitors choose from Adventures Aloft, Lift Your Spirits and Napa Valley Balloons Inc. (Adventures Aloft tours leave daily from Vintage 1870.)
Home to an appellation which covers 3,500 acres and several wineries, Yountville also boasts the V Wine Cellar offering daily tastings and selling to visitors more than 400 different kinds of wine selections from all grape growing regions of the world. Set off on a great day of tastings in Younvtille at Bell Wine Cellars, Cosentino Winery, Domaine Chandon, Hill Family Estates, Goosecross Cellars, Jessup Cellars, Noha Vineyards and Reynolds Winery.
For a quick history tour of the region, the Walking Historical Tour & Fitness Map will guide travelers in the right direction. Grab a bike or set out on foot to uncover the region's rich history. Beginning at V Marketplace, the self-guided tour takes travelers to the town's historical landmarks including Napa Valley Railroad Depot, Veterans Home of California, Napa Valley Museum, Yountville Saloon, George Yount Blockhouse, Yountville Community Church and Pioneer Cemetery, the gravesite of the founding father of Yountville, George Yount.
Villagio Inn & Spa Overview -4-
Guests can also wander over to the 13,000-square-foot Spa Villagio and take in a day of signature treatments or enjoy an in-room massage in the privacy of their room. As part of the experience, guests can relax and enjoy the Spa's sauna, steam room and outdoor hot pool. Fitness buffs can work out at The Yountville Fitness Center, located adjacent to the hotel, where at no charge, they can unwind with a complete set of aerobic and strength training equipment and join regularly scheduled classes which include yoga, cardio-kickboxing, body sculpting, spinning and partake in a daily morning fitness walk.
SISTERS IN EUROPEAN LUXURY
The AAA-Four Diamond award-winning Inn shares the 23 acres of Vintage Estate with its sister hotel, Vintage Inn —a discreetly elegant French country-style inn—and the V Marketplace shopping collection, where guests can stroll through the former 138-year-old Groezinger Winery listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Guests browse through upscale specialty shops featuring upscale art galleries, home furnishings, wine tasting, gourmet foods, handmade chocolates, unique toys, books, jewelry and unique collectibles from Napa Valley.
As Vine Magazine put it, "In terms of all-out extravagance and luxury, Villagio Inn & Spa takes the prize. Modeled in Tuscan style, this resort is one of the most resplendent inns you'll find."
Located in the center of Napa Valley, The Villagio Inn & Spa lies 45 miles north of San Francisco. Visitors can arrive via scenic Highway 101 and 29. For travel and accommodation information, call the Villagio Inn & Spa at (800) 351-1133 or visit the Inn's website at www.villagio.com
# # #